Wednesday 14 May 2014

133/365

Monday night saw us eating at Standing Sushi Bar with his cousins after which we all headed down to Plonk at Serangoon Gardens to chill. 

Anddd we had 160 slices of salmon sashimi / tasted them for the first time ever in my life had 1/32 of that portion & the beef bowl's really sweet and juicy and niceeeee. 


And i tried squid ink pasta for the first time in my life too ^_^






The Standing Sushi Bar
8 Queen Street
Singapore 188535
Singapore Art Museum

Opening hours:
Open Daily
Lunch: 12 PM - 2:30 PM, last order 2:15 PM
Dinner: 6 PM - 10 PM

Early advanced birthday surprise for the baldie boyfriend with his friends today (Tuesday)!! 

Spent the entire Monday night baking from 1am to 6am all by myself while the DOTA addict KO-ed at 4am... 




Tricked him into saying that I'm baking the cake for a belated Mothers' Day celebration and he believed cuz I sent him a photo without the "Happy 19th Lucdx" being seen 8-) 




The final product - Vanilla Buttercream Cake!!! It didn't really go according to plan because the stupid piping head couldn't do the desired rose pattern I wanted so I just made do with whatever I had / initial plans for an ombre cake failed and I had to settle for second best / high expectations / too sweet the icing / but ok passé

So after baking I quickly bathed and left home taking a huge risk by bringing the cake over to his place because I was suffering from a bad case of insomnia and I couldn't sleep. Decided to change tuition to next Monday instead because in no way was I in the right state of mind to go tuition w no sleep. Thank goodness Lucia helped to open the door (pighead missed all my 7 calls because his phone's vibrations were off...) and managed to sneak the cake into the fridge to be passed to Raegan in the afternoon. 

So I woke up in the afternoon to find him immersed in DOTA and not long left his house (NINJA!!! He didn't even realize I was gone) to pass the cake to Raegan to bring it to Kith Cafe first with the rest. So... At 5ish we decided to cab to Sentosa because he had the presumption we were late cuz I told him the timing for the reservation I made for two had already past.





So yeap as soon as we got there (taxi driver got lost amidst Sentosa Cove AKA rich people's estate) the rest were waiting  (missing Hayden, Vincent and Pai). The view and ambience was good albeit the expensive food but yeap what's not to love with the pier in front of you while having dinner with the sun setting foreground... 




The carbonara's amazinggg wheehew especially the cream fuckinggggg creamy and nice?! And the portion's just right, making the $18 worth! Carbonara never goes wrong :-) 





Kith Cafe @ Sentosa Cove
31 Ocean Way #01-08
Quayside Isle Singapore 098375

Opening Hours:
Daily - 8AM TO 10PM




Thanks for today alllll :-) and to you I hope you had as much fun as I did today :-)


Finals against ACSI for rugby tmrw (in fact later in the evening) at Home Team Academy 5.15pm!!! Be there or be square GOOD LUCK SA RUGBY GO FOR GOLD!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr Images